Here is a round-up of 25 fun Christmas crafts for kids to make. Take time out during this busy holiday season. Sit down with your kids and have fun making crafts together!
Fun Christmas Crafts
You can have your kids help decorate your home for Christmas with these cute crafts. I love seeing the crafts my kids have created hanging on our walls. And my kids like seeing what they have made on display in our home:)
- Paper Bag Elf Craft – i heart Crafty things
- Santa Hand Print Craft – Someday I’ll Learn
- Storybook Gingerbread House – Books and Giggles
- Grinch Paper Plate Craft – Simply Today Life
- Paper Plate Christmas Elf Craft – Arty Crafty Kids
- Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Tree Craft – The Resourceful Mama
- Paper Plate Christmas Tree Kids Craft – Creative Family Fun
- A Handprint Reindeer Craft for Kids – Simple Everyday Mom
- Paper Plate Reindeer Craft – Crafty Morning
- Handprint Christmas Tree – Easy Peasy and Fun
- Paper Plate Snowman Wreath – Kids Craft Room
- Egg Carton Snowman – The Best Kids Ideas
- Craft Sticks Christmas Tree Craft – Easy Peasy and Fun
- Paper Plate Gingerbread Man – Glued to My Crafts Blog
- Paper Plate Santa – Arty Crafty Kids
To add to the holiday fun an activity to do before making these crafts is to read about a certain character. Like an Elf, or the Grinch, or even Santa Claus. Once you have read the book have them make a craft about the character of the story they just listened too.
10 DIY Christmas Ornaments
Many years down the road I would love to decorate our Christmas tree with only ornaments my kids have made. Making ornaments is a fun craft to do with your kids. All you need are simple crafting supplies and a little bit of time.
These ornaments are easy to make. And younger kids can make them too. With a little help from a grown-up.
I didn’t make many ornaments when I was a kid. But my Mom still hangs up the few that I did make every year. Seeing those on the tree reminds me of memories from Christmas’ during my childhood.
I want my children to have the same memories someday when they are grown. I hope they will remember the fun we had while making these ornaments!
- Cute Cinnamon Stick Reindeer Ornament – DIY and Crafts
- Pony Bead Christmas Ornaments – Cutesy Crafts
- DIY Spice Ornaments Crafts – Ruffles & Rain Boots
- Yarn Wrapped Christmas Wreath Ornaments – Paper and Glue
- Easy Kid Made Wreath Ornaments – Projects with Kids
- Popsicle Stick Tree Ornament – The Spoonful Blog
- Pipe Cleaner and Beads Snowflake – The DIY Mommy
- Pom Poms and Pinecones Christmas Ornaments – One Little Project
- Yarn Angel Ornaments – Messy Little Monster
- Santa Hat Christmas Ornament – Buggy and Buddy
Supplies You’ll Need
These fun Christmas crafts are simple to do with your kids. You may already have most of the supplies you need.
If you don’t already have these supplies they are easy to find at any craft store or on Amazon. Also, Dollar Tree is a great place to stock up on craft supplies. I was able to find most of the supplies there. The construction paper and googly eyes I found at Michaels craft store.
- paper plates
- paper bags
- popsicle sticks
- toilet paper roll tubes
- pipe cleaners
- construction paper
- googly eyes
- pom poms
Having Fun with the Kids
Crafting with your kids is a great way to spend family quality time together. It’s a time to slow down during the busy holiday season.
I definitely think it’s easier to craft with my kids when it’s around a holiday because it gives us a theme to work on.
Have you made any of the above fun Christmas crafts with your kids? Are you planning to make any of the listed crafts above? Let me know in the comments:)
- Kids Thanksgiving Crafts and Activities
- Easy Halloween Crafts for Kids to Make
- Family Fall Activities and Crafts
- Easy Father’s Day Crafts From Kids
- Fun Family Halloween Activities